Amazon

01 November 2012

DIY Christian Louboutin Shoes: A Tutorial

I first saw Louboutin shoes when I was watching BBC's Sherlock.  It was the episode with Irene Adler ("A Scandal in Belgravia"), and I thought that they were so cool.  However, the original shoes cost around $800, which is about as far out of my price range as you can get.  So, after doing some research, I decided that I would make my own.  It turns out that Mr. Louboutin first painted the soles of shoes red with nail polish, so I did the same.

What You Need:
  • Heels of your choice
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Masking tape
  • White nail polish
  • Red nail polish




Step 1: Clean the soles of the shoes with rubbing alcohol.  This will remove any dirt or grease particles.


Step 2: Put masking tape around the edge of the soles, so that no nail polish will get on the actual shoe.  For areas with sharp curves, I found it best to just use small pieces of tape that overlap.

Step 3: Paint one coat of white nail polish.  I used the most inexpensive nail polish that I could find at Target (Sinful Colors "Show Me White).  This coat of white is necessary so that the actually color that you want isn't distorted by the shoe sole color.

Step 4: After the white nail polish is completely dry, paint the soles with two coats of the red polish.  I used Sally Hansen's "Cherry Red" polish.

 Step 5: Let dry completely, and then peel off the paint.  You might have to do some touch-ups near the edges.  Enjoy!

Obviously, you don't have to make these look like Louboutin shoes; you can't paint them any color you want!  I've heard of brides painting the soles of their shoes blue as their "something blue." Whatever you choose, have fun! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Get everything you'll need now

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea :)
    I'd like to know if you used the brush from the nail polish to paint the soles or if you used a classic paint brush?

    ReplyDelete