Amazon

31 July 2012

Painted Canvas Quote Poster: A Tutorial

This project was inspired by this post that I first saw on Pinterest and comes from the lovely ladies at A Beautiful Mess.  I decided that I wanted to make my own to hang in my dorm room.


First I used large canvas that I got in at Micheal's and painted it with rainbow splotches.  You can really paint any background you want.


Then, I chose my quote and cut out the stickers that I need.  My quote is, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imaged" by Henry David Thoreau.  After I placed the stickers, I drew guidelines on the canvas and stuck them on.



After I made sure the stickers were down securely, I poured white paint all over the canvas.



Then I spread the paint around.  It took three coats of white to sufficiently cover the rainbow underneath.


Once the white was dry (I used a hairdryer to speed up the process) I peeled off the stickers, and ta da! A great poster with one of my favorite inspirational quotes.

2 comments:

  1. when you say you stuck the letters on, what did you stick them on with to prevent them peeling off the paint when you removed them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The letters were stickers, so I just put them on normally. It didn't peel off the paint when I removed them.

      Delete