Amazon

14 May 2010

Project #2: Vintage Apron


Recently, I came across an old pattern (Simplicity 6206) that included some cute vintage aprons. I've been wanting to make a sewing smock, so I decided to make Apron 2 (bottom right corner). I love how it has big pockets, which are going to be so useful for holding scissors, spools of thread, ribbons, etc. The fabric that I used has bright and cheery stripes, which remind me of different types of candy. I also put pale pink rick-rack on the top of the pockets.

One thing that this apron required that I had never done before was gather the fabric. This was done by making two lines of stitching at the top and then pulling the fabric down. I have to admit, it was pretty difficult! Everything was going along fine, until of course the thread broke when I was just about done. In any case, everything came together in the end, and I'm really proud of this apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment